Sunday, February 28, 2016

Week 8 Reading Reflection

1) What was the biggest surprise for you in the reading? In other words, what did you read that stood out the most as different from your expectations? 
Answer: Well, a big part of this chapter was on bankruptcy and to be honest I've never really thought about bankruptcy at all. I assumed that once you lost all your money in your business that you just lose the business and that was the end of it. Instead, I realized that there was a lot more thought and processes that go into talking about bankruptcy and the whole legal side behind it as well.
2) Identify at least one part of the reading that was confusing to you.
Answer: One part of the reading that was confusing to me was definitely the part on Bankruptcy in the legal challenges for entrepreneurial ventures. This was pretty confusing to me since I've never run a business before so some of the terms were pretty confusing to me. I've never heard of the word "Liquidation" before reading this chapter so that confused me a lot. I had to grab a dictionary and look up a few of these words in this chapter which in turn, ended up confusing me more.
3) If you were able to ask two questions to the author, what would you ask? Why?
Answer: I would ask him if he has ever had to litigate any disputes or ever had any legal services? If so how did they go? I've yet to ever use a lawyer so I would just be wondering how his experiences with lawyers was. Also this question is kind of out there but I was just wondering if he had ever gotten close to being bankrupt himself? and also what he did to get out of that hole!
4) Was there anything you think the author was wrong about? Where do you disagree with what she or he said? How?
Answer: Honestly there was not anything in this chapter that I disagreed on. A big portion of it was confusing to me but I did not read anything that I didn't agree on. Most of it was pretty straight forward and nothing really caught my attention of being wrong. I really did enjoy reading this chapter regardless.

No comments:

Post a Comment