Sunday, February 28, 2016

The Twenty Percent


I decided to interview Subway for my business to check and see who they think their 20 % are!
I asked the general manager of Subway a series of questions and then I waited outside to ask the same questions to 3 of the customers that just got subway for dinner. The questions I asked were: Who do you think Subway's target customers are? What are Subway's customers unmet needs? Where does Subway find their customers? and What are the demographics of Subway's customers?
The general manager answered these questions pretty basically. I expected all of his responses, but the customers varied with their responses. A common theme from these customers was that they kept saying Subway doesn't really go out of their way to get customers and also that they think Subway caters towards poor people. This was definitely an eye opening assignment that I will definitely think a lot about once I am running my own business.

4 comments:

  1. Jason,
    I really liked the effort you put into this assignment. It really put a lot into perspective for me as well. I did not think of Subways as an establishment that caters to poor people, and I think it is interesting that this came from the customers themselves. It really shows you that brand image and maintenance of that image is crucial when running a business. That, and customer service.

    Overall, I think you did a good job, and if you're interested in checking out mine. http://laurenent3003.blogspot.com/2016/02/the-twenty-percent.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Jason!

    Interesting interviews! I totally agree with one of the customers themselves that Subway caters to the working force, which I think is true. It's a fast way to get a sub on the go when you're in a rush or on your lunch break. It is also very affordable as well. Your interviews reflected the brand image from the customer's themselves and it was almost spot-on.

    Great Job on this assignment! Unfortunately, I did not complete this one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Jason, I thought you did a really great job with this assignment by asking just the right questions to figure out the 20% of the subway restaurant. It was interesting to see the feedback you received from customers and I believe people have very mixed feelings about this restaurant. I think subway is very convenient especially on campus when we are always on the go and just want to pick up a quick meal. Here is the link to my blog post if you are interested in reading it: http://ariellechristina.blogspot.com/2016/02/the-twenty-percent.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Jason!

    Anyway, you certainly put way more effort than I would even dream of doing for this assignment. For that I have to commend you, my friend but I really think it is cool that you interviewed both the customers and employees at Subway to get a feel of the place and the demographics. You know that personally, I hate Subway so this was more eye-opening for me than for most other people. Keep up the good work, man. Link to blog: http://entspring16.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete