Sunday, February 7, 2016

Week 5 Reading Reflection

Week 5 Reading Reflection
1) What was the biggest surprise for you in the reading? In other words, what did you read that stood out the most as different from your expectations? 
Answer: One of the biggest surprises of mine was in the section of the pitfalls in selecting new ventures. One of the pitfalls was not having real insight to the market. This was surprising to me because I guess before reading this chapter I never really thought about this because I haven't had a chance to "get into the market" yet in my life. 
2) Identify at least one part of the reading that was confusing to you.
Answer:There was a point in this chapter where it said "It should be understood that new-venture assessment begins with the idea and venture stage" but then goes on to say, "How ever most studies of new venture development deal with established start-up business." I was just confused on this because I don't get why it has to be an established start-up business, why can't I just be an entrepreneur and start a business out of anywhere.
3) If you were able to ask two questions to the author, what would you ask? Why?
Answer: The first question I would ask him would be if he preferred Lean start-up methodology over the design methodology? I am just curious to see as a renowned entrepreneur which one he would choose! The second question I would ask would be If he had ever had poor financial understanding since I saw that that was one of the pitfalls in selecting new ventures.
4) Was there anything you think the author was wrong about? Where do you disagree with what she or he said? How?
Answer: No, This chapter was pretty straight forward in the definitions and explanations. There was nothing I disagreed on, I actually learned a lot from this chapter. It was a very clear and easy read.

No comments:

Post a Comment