Sunday, January 31, 2016

Week 4 Reading Reflection

Week 4 Reading Reflection, Chapter 5

1) What was the biggest surprise for you in the reading? In other words, what did you read that stood out the most as different from your expectations? 
Answer: The part that stood out to me as the biggest surprise for me in the reading was definitely when Donald talked about the different types of innovation in the middle of chapter 5. He goes extremely in-depth on these types which were: Invention, extension, duplication and synthesis. I never thought there were different types of innovation and it surprised me to see that there were more than just one and that there were in depth definitions for each one! 

2) Identify at least one part of the reading that was confusing to you.
Answer: When the author talked about the "creative climate" this kinda confused me a lot. I was confused on why he chose to write about a creative climate when the majority of the characteristics of a creative climate talk is about the people. Plus this again also depends on the certain situation because everyone can be creative in their own ways. You don't have to follow a "book" to be creative.

3) If you were able to ask two questions to the author, what would you ask? Why?
Answer: The author wrote about types of innovations and had a lot of in-depth info on each, I would ask him if he had ever used any of those in particularly and if he likes using a certain one? I would also ask him that if he had used multiple ones if he saw different results from using a different type of innovation?

4) Was there anything you think the author was wrong about? Where do you disagree with what she or he said? How?
Answer: The author had a table of "The most common idea killers." I thought this was really cool, yet I also think that the author could be a little wrong about this. If someone has tried an idea to an extensive amount years ago and did everything in their power to make it work but it just couldn't, then saying "We tried that -- years ago." So I honestly think it depends on the specific instance. This same thought process could be said about the others there as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment