Tuesday, January 12, 2016

My Entrepreneurship Story

Hello class,

If you read my introduction post you would've read that I actually see myself being an entrepreneur in the future. Both of my parents are entrepreneurs and work from home having successful jobs and because of this they had a lot of time to spend with the family. Some of my friends' parents have jobs as surgeons who see their family a total of one to two hours a day because they are always at the hospital. I've always had a close bond with my family because of this and I'd want the same for my own family in the future. I've always had a business mindset ever since I was little. One time when I was about four or five years old I saw my parents had a lot of lemons in the fridge so I decided it was a good idea to take them all and make lemonade to sell outside. I made my own stand and posters and sat out in the edge of my driveway selling $1 lemonades, probably because I wanted my own money to buy a toy of some sort. Later in my life I continued to keep this entrepreneurial mindset. Around eighth grade I began making electronic music on a computer I had. I didn't think anything of it at the time except that it was a fun little hobby that I would do every once in awhile. But as the years went on I started improving more and more and enjoying it more as well. Eventually I got to a point where I started releasing my own music on iTunes and other music sharing websites. I started realizing that everything I released and "published" on the internet would be on the internet forever, so I had to be smart about how I branded myself and how I promoted my songs. I created my own Facebook page with artwork that I created for my own brand. I sent emails each day to big YouTube and Soundcloud record labels with my music so that I could eventually get signed and make money from all the hard work I put into making each and every sound in each of my compositions. One song I worked on took me one hundred and ten total hours of work until I completely finished it. I've networked and met hundreds of other producers online who give me helpful criticism on each track I put out which I follow diligently because I know in the end it makes me a better musician. On top of all this, during my senior year of high school, my friends and I were enrolled in AP Chem and for one of our lab experiments we made little bars of soap to show how we can chemically create bars of soap. Soaps are formed when fatty acids react with an alkali and the reaction is called saponification. We realized that we could buy all the materials needed online for super cheap and make a lot of profit off of this. We made a company and immediately bought all the materials in bulk. After making 100 bars of soap at home, we packaged them to look nice and sold them to parents and others in the school parking lot. We doubled our profits after selling all 100 bars after a few weeks. They were lavender scented so they were a big hit. All in all, I decided to take this course because like I said, I really enjoy running my own business and I hope to learn everything I can from this course to help my future companies grow and prosper. The picture attached is showing the program I use to make music electronically.

3 comments:

  1. Jason,

    You're definitely an entrepreneur already. Much like you, my family is full of entrepreneurs and my parents are home all the time because of it. That is why I want to do well in life, because I find family time so important. I'm impressed that you make music electronically. I listen to Soundcloud every day. I hope that goes well for you! I also took AP Chem, but we never did anything cool... I am impressed that you could make a profit off of something you learned in class. I spent most of my time reading the textbook. I also want to run my own businesses in the future. I wish you the best of luck!

    Check out my blog here: http://taylertibbits.blogspot.com/2016/01/my-entrepreneurship-story.html

    Best,

    Tayler Tibbits

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your story clearly shows how you are an entrepreneur. I think you have had great ideas with creating music and selling the bars of soap. This definitely shows that you have a creative mind to be able to make yourself stand out from the norm. Also, I think it is great that you keep pushing yourself with creating music, and ask people that have been successful for help. Overall, it seems like you have put a ton of work into your music venture, and I think this course can help you to fine tune you entrepreneurship skills

    ReplyDelete
  3. http://luissoto93.blogspot.com/2016/01/my-entrepreneurship-story.html
    This is the link to my entrepreneurship story. I think our stories relate in the fact that my father is also an entrepreneur who mostly works from home. He has his own business, and has worked diligently to keep it going. Also, we both have the mindset that we want to be entrepreneurs in the future. I would also like to be able to spend a lot of time with my family by being able to work from home.

    ReplyDelete