Sunday, January 31, 2016

Customer Interviews No. 1

For this customer interview I went to the apartment complex called "Courtyards" and interviewed people that were walking around the complex. I found this very helpful regarding getting honest feedback on my opportunity to help solve unmet needs. 
My unmet need is a parking app here at UF that will show all available parking spots on a clear map so you don't have to drive around for hours looking for a spot!

The questions I asked were: Name, If they have a car (Because my app deals with parking spaces, the person must have a car), I asked if they had any problems with UF parking or getting tickets or anything of that sort, and then I told them about my potential app and if it meets an unmet need of theirs! 




Question: What do you think about that opportunity now that you've asked 5 'potential customers' about it?
Answer: Well, from these interviews, it really seems like they all liked my idea and would get this app! They all have had problems without it and all said that they would benefit from having an app like this! Also From the very first interview, Tyler told me that they already have something like this at FSU so maybe I can download that app and see how it works and make one for UF based of that one! But basically anyone with a car could download this app and use it so it could be very popular here or even in major cities!

This was actually a really good exercise because thinking of an unmet need made me think about an entrepreneurial concept and I can actually go through with making this! Hopefully we can continue on with this idea because this was extremely fun for me!

3 comments:

  1. Jason,
    Great work! Parking seems to be a recurring theme with this assignment. My opportunity has to do with parking and transportation and so does the other post I commented on! Parking is definitely a major issue here at UF and it aggravates me every day! I am fortunate enough to have a parking spot where I live, but I really can't drive anywhere else during the day because I can't park anywhere on campus. Your interviews definitely showed that these students have the same problem as I do. I really enjoyed your post. Here is the link to mine if you want to check it out!
    http://shainaent3003.blogspot.com/2016/01/customer-interviews-no-1.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jason,
    I think this idea is actually amazing. I know personally I get very irritated with the parking situation here on the UF campus, and to have an app that would alleviate a bit of this stress would be great. I thought your idea flowed well through all of your interviews. You had a great presentation and seemed to really reach out to those who could truly benefit from your idea to solve this unmet need. Your idea reached out to college students specifically on the UF campus, but my idea was slightly more broad. If you want to check it out here is a link: http://corallynnevans.blogspot.com/2016/01/customer-interview-no-1.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jason, really great job on your interviews! It was neat to see other peoples opinions on the issue of parking here at UF because it definitely aggravates me! I had no idea that FSU already has a parking app, and I would like to know how it works. The possibility of having one here at UF would make our lives a whole lot easier, which was a good eye of you to see that unmet need students have here. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete