Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Introducing Myself

Hello class,

My name is Jason Horecky. I am a second year Business Administration major who is also minoring in Innovation. I was born in Delray Beach, Florida but I moved to Asheville, North Carolina when I was eight years old and lived there until coming to the University of Florida. Asheville has been said to be one of the coolest places in America and I'd have to agree. It's up in the mountains of North Carolina and is gorgeous at all times of the year. Both my parents run their own businesses. My dad is a financial adviser and works from home while my mom imports statues from South America and sells them here in the United States for profit. I guess you could say both of my parents are in fact entrepreneurs! I also have an older sister who is graduating from UF after this semester and already has a full time job lined up with "Hershey Chocolate." She is planning on doing international business in South America after she gets some work experience from working at Hershey. In the future I plan on running my own business of some sort. I've made a few business ventures with friends and I love creating new ideas and making profits, so I think that is the right career choice for me. I'll be getting a masters in either Business Administration or International business after my four years of undergrad here. In my twenty years on planet Earth I've traveled to a multitude of places. I've been to Italy, France, Spain, Portugal, Ecuador, Ireland, and England. I studied abroad first semester of my freshman year in Dublin, Ireland and that was absolutely amazing. Most of our "assignments" during my time there were simply, "go on the train and visit a new Irish town and tell the class about the experience at the end of the day." I went all around Ireland and saw so many beautiful places and of course had the best Guinness in the world. In Ireland I lived in a small town called Maynooth, which was about a twenty minute train ride away from Dublin but it was actually one of my favorite towns. I'm attaching a picture of one of the most popular pubs in this town called "Roost Pub" which was definitely my favorite since they had live music every night, no covers, and amazing deals on drinks each night! It was a beautiful place and I had many amazing experiences there that have definitely shaped who I am today. Hopefully in the future I can study abroad again somewhere new and unique so I can have more amazing experiences.

No comments:

Post a Comment