Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Top 5 World Problems

Top 5 problems I believe the world is facing right now:

1) Over population

2) War and Terrorism

3) Pollution

4) Unemployment

5) Ocean Acidification

Top 5 solutions I believe the world can implement right now:

1) Obesity

2) Deforestation

3) Unemployment

4) Over Population

5) War and Terrorism

(Refer back to my "World's biggest problems" blog post to read my in-depth solutions)

I chose to put Over population at number one for the "problems" list. I did this because this increasing rate that we are growing at is depleting all the natural resources of the world at an alarming rate. We are running out of space, resources and time and this needs to get fixed soon.
I put War on Terrorism second because now that everyone including North Korea has access to nuclear weapons, that entire nations can be destroyed in seconds! And on top of that we now currently have all these problems with ISIS.
I put "pollution" at third because we've been neglecting this for centuries and still aren't doing much to combat this. It's getting bad and if we don't fix it soon then our atmosphere will be gone.
I put Unemployment in front of Ocean acidification because 212 million people are unemployed right now in the world, and the ocean isn't that close to extremely acidic, but if the oceans do get that acidic it would be an incredibly terrible disaster.

For the solutions I put Obesity at number one because it really is not that hard to live a healthy and and active life. It's a problem that every can fix with a little hard work. If you don't work hard in life, you wont be successful, so you might as well learn now!

I put deforestation at number two because more than half of the ten million species of plants, animals and insects live in the tropical rain forests. Also more than twenty percent of the world's oxygen is produced in the Amazon Rain forest, so the way to implement a solution is to make a global agreement to make it illegal to cut down any of these trees because they give us life!
I put unemployment at number three because I feel like in the future we are going to have a need for more workers in every aspect of life and we can get more jobs going and get everyone jobs!
I put overpopulation at number for in the fact that it is going to be hard to find a good solution to this problem. It's already becoming a problem and people aren't going to stop reproducing unless its a law so it's only going to grow from here if we do nothing.
Finally, I put War and Terrorism at number five because for some reason I feel like that now matter how hard we try there will always be some crazy people out there who aren't straight in the head, or have extremely dogmatic views toward terrorism, that there will always be some kind of war or terrorism acts happening in our world as sad as that seems.





2 comments:

  1. I find it interesting that you included obesity as one of your problems. It is something that can be tackled or implemented the quickest but in certain places it may be just as difficult to tackle as war and terrorism overall. It also seem stop be a problem that stands on it's own when compared to the others on your list. It relates to health while the others relate to international and environmental affairs. Obesity is very personal actually. i still commend you for thinking outside the box.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jason!

    I think it's fascinating how you put overpopulation as the top issue in the world! While I think it is an important issue, there are billions of people in the world-- and population control is extremely controversial and not practical. The best solution I could think of would be to adopt children already born, as opposed to producing more children, or to start expanding our space exploration and send people off-world (Moon settlement!).

    I agree with you that obesity would have the most implementable solution out of your list. We need to make healthier food more affordable and also make sure children learn good eating and working out habits while they are young.

    Take a look at my blog if you get a chance: http://memazal.blogspot.com/2016/01/but-we-did-ignite-it-and-were-trying-to.html

    ReplyDelete