Sunday, January 24, 2016

Week 3 Reading Reflection

1) QUESTION: What was the biggest surprise for you in the reading? In other words, what did you read that stood out the most as different from your expectations? 

Answer: When I came to the part in chapter 2 called, "The Grief Recovery Process" I was rather quite intrigued. The first thing that came to my mind was, "Wow that's incredible that Kuratko is going this in depth into the emotional side of entrepreneurship this early in the textbook!"

2) QUESTION: Identify at least one part of the reading that was confusing to you.

Answer: There was a part in this chapter where Kuratko talks about the sense of distrust. This part got extremely psychological and a little confusing to me just from the depth of this. How do you go about sensing distrust from a particular person!? That's such a crazy concept to me, but I guess it is a necessity in the entrepreneurial world.

3) QUESTION: If you were able to ask two questions to the author, what would you ask? Why?

Answer: The questions I would ask would have to be 1) Did some chapters take longer to write? I would ask him this question because I feel like this chapter was a lot more philosophical than chapter one and I wonder if it gets even more in-depth in the future chapters. 2) Have you had any personal experiences with the "Dark side of Entrepreneurship?" I would ask him this question because this is such a crazy and out there idea that he had to have some sort of life experience with it! I bet it would be a crazy story!

4) QUESTION: Was there anything you think the author was wrong about? Where do you disagree with what she or he said? How?

Answer: Just like last week there wasn't really anything that I thought the author was "wrong about." Like I said last time, since this a textbook I take all info in and learn it all. He wouldn't be putting false information into this textbook which is also the 9th edition of it as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment