Sunday, April 24, 2016

Week 15 Reading Reflection

1) What was the biggest surprise for you in the reading? In other words, what did you read that stood out the most as different from your expectations? 
Answer: Reading about the international entrepreneurship was probably the biggest surprise in this reading. I guess that since i'm in the US I never really think about entrepreneurship on a global scale. I learned that entrepreneurship can fuel economic growth, create employment and generate prosperity for citizens.
2) Identify at least one part of the reading that was confusing to you.
Answer: The part on innovation types was a little confusing to me. There were multiple types when I believe that there is only one type of innovation. Innovation is defined as a new method idea or product. So in this case shouldn't all new things just be innovations? This concept was a little confusing for me to wrap my mind around.
3) If you were able to ask two questions to the author, what would you ask? Why?
Answer: Subce Cross-functional product develpoment teams all come from the firm, why are new product development processes completed quickly? I would ask this question because I think it would take longer especially if more people are arguing about a certain aspect of the product. I would also agk, "Do you plan on opening borrowing to men also?" If not why?
4) Was there anything you think the author was wrong about? Where do you disagree with what she or he said? How?
Answer: Donald defines successful entrepreneurship by saying, "The key to success with entrepreneurship and innovation is moving from the invention of ideas to effective commercialization and acceptance in the marketplace." In my personal opinion I believe that success is defined by you and only you. If you follow your heart and do what you love I believe that is the true meaning of success.

No comments:

Post a Comment