Sunday, April 17, 2016

Google Gold

1) A discussion of your general approach and strategy to search engine optimization (SEO). What were some of the activities you did for each blog post to pursue SEO? 

Answer: Search engine optimization is something that I've had to deal with a lot in my life. I've been making electronic music for 6 years and had to make sure that my music and my artist name were always the first things coming up on google. I've been making sure to do the same thing with these blog posts as well. My general approach and strategy to search engine optimization is to first figure out what I think people are going to google to see my posts. Then i'll use that information and use it to my advantage by putting those key words or phrases in my posts. Putting labels, keywords in the title and even in your work as well are ways to do this! 

2) What were your keywords. How did you select those keywords? Did you change or refine your keywords through the semester?

Answer: Like I said above I personally try and foresee what people are going to google to see my posts and use those words especially in my posts. I also use my name in all my posts because that comes up on all my posts which will come up on google if you search for that. I understand the point of the "google gold" but these posts don't give me any money or anything from view count so I don't see a point in taking time to focus on keywords at all. If it was regarding my music or my business where I need customers and views for money, then I would focus hard on it.

3) How did you use social media to enhance your SEO efforts? What were your surprises or general impression of using social media to improve your blog's profile? Was social media generally receptive of your blog, or did it get ignored?

Answer: I would just post my blogs on social media so that my friends can see what I post. I don't think it really helped since my most viral post only had 14 views which is honestly nothing. Social media generally ignored my posts honestly. If my posts had more views then maybe I would think that they liked what I was posting.

4) What was your most "viral" post? In other words, which post obtained the most traffic? Why do you think?

Answer: My "What's next" post was my most viral post with a huge total for 14 views. I think it was the most "viral" because it was my biggest post with the most videos and the most work. Plus it was a huge summary of my app which a lot of people liked as well.

5) Finally, did you make it to the first page of Google results for your keywords? If not, what page of results did you make it to?

Answer: No I did not. I'm OK with this because as I put above, this is not for a business or for my personal gain so being not the first result doesn't harm me in anyway. I made it on the second page of the results.




3 comments:

  1. Hi Jason! I liked reading your post. I also didn't make it to the first page of Google. I'm not surprised that I didn't make it to the first page because I know that's a really hard thing to do without having a huge following. That's why a lot of people pay Google to sponsor their pages and come up on the first page.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. http://laurasici.blogspot.com/2016/04/google-gold.html

      Delete
  2. Hey Jason!
    It seems like you have a great understanding of search engine optimization and how effective it can be. I think it is really awesome that you have producing your own electroninc music for six years. I would love to see if you had your own personal website that promoted your music. I think with that you could really increase your page views and gain popularity for your music. Keep up the great work man! Here is the link to my post. http://adventuresofentrepreneurship.blogspot.com/2016/04/google-gold.html

    ReplyDelete