Sunday, April 3, 2016

Week 12 Reading Reflection

1) What was the biggest surprise for you in the reading? In other words, what did you read that stood out the most as different from your expectations? 
Answer: I think the biggest surprise for the reading was definitely realizing that although many ways of strategically planning a venture exist, all have one common element which is that each is an extension of the entrepreneur's vision. It just stood out from my expectation because each takes the owner's concept of business and puts it into action. I guess I never really thought of it that way and this was surprising to me.
2) Identify at least one part of the reading that was confusing to you.
Answer: The part explaining the balance of entrepreneurial and managerial approaches was a little confusing to me. I think it was just too confusing because I kept thinking that a company can choose exactly what approach it wants to take, it doesn't have to tak either an entrepreneurial approach or a managerial approach! It's up to the company to decide what they want to do and how they are going to reach their goals. Also there were a lot of sub topics under these approaches and that just added to the whole confusion.
3) If you were able to ask two questions to the author, what would you ask? Why?
Answer: I would ask him if a lack of knowledge ever kept him away from creating a venture that he wanted to make? I would ask him that because I would want to know if he ended up learning more and starting that company that he always wanted to make! I would also ask him if he has ever had any personal failure in his life. I would ask him this because personal favor has really molded me to who I am today so I would be curious about his life and what he went though to get to where he is now!
4) Was there anything you think the author was wrong about? Where do you disagree with what she or he said? How?
Answer: I think that the typical life cycle of a venture is wrong in this chapter. I think that every venture is and can be extremely different. The author in no way has any idea of all the ventures happening in the world and each one was probably brought up in a new way from others. That means that he can't classify these cycles like this because every one is different.

No comments:

Post a Comment