Sunday, April 10, 2016

Week 13 Reading Reflection

1) What was the biggest surprise for you in the reading? In other words, what did you read that stood out the most as different from your expectations? 
Answer: I think the part about the part of the letter of intent mentioned in this chapter was the biggest difference from my expectations. I've had to use multiple letters of intents throughout my life especially in the workforce, but when I read what the author explained it and it was definitely different from my expectations. I thought it was just the intent of someone in a written form but it was actually just a document containing the declarations of the intentions of the writer.
2) Identify at least one part of the reading that was confusing to you.
Answer: I think that the part that confused me the most was when it talked about the term of being "fully diluted." This term of being diluted has come up multiple times in the reading and each time it comes up I get extremely confused by it. I took chemistry last semester and diluting means getting the dosage down from what the complete amount was. 
3) If you were able to ask two questions to the author, what would you ask? Why?
Answer: In the reading it talked about getting shares of stock, specifically 100,000 shares at 10 dollars a piece to be valued at $1 million. This really interests me and I would ask the author if he had ever done anything like this before in his life. I would also ask the author if he knows anything about forex trading because a lot of my friends are doing that and they are making a lot of money through it. I would ask him these questions because I think that the author could make a lot of money through this service especially if he's delt with stocks before.
4) Was there anything you think the author was wrong about? Where do you disagree with what she or he said? How
Answer: This week I found it very difficult to find something that I thought the author was wrong about yet I did find one little portion where I think he was wrong about. Well, now that I look back at it I don't believe it is absolutely wrong but more or so that I think he should've expanded more on the point. He said "Other factors to consider for a business include start up costs, accuracy of projections, and the control factor." I believe there is a lot more to think about which include writing a business plan, getting the money for the business, getting employees and of course getting your marketing done so that people will know your business and what it does.

1 comment: