Sunday, April 24, 2016

Final Reflection

1) Read through your blog from this semester. Recall all of the experiences you've had a long the way -- the highs, the lows -- the fun moments, and the moments of drudgery, and even the moments of dread.

Answer: When I first started taking this class, I remember that one of the very first things I had to do was do the "My entrepreneur's mantra." I remember thinking to myself, "Why am I reading this mantra and recording it and how will this benefit me in anyway." Looking back through all the assignments they all really building up on top of one another. I went back to this post and I fully agreed with everything that I said in the video that I recorded. I truly believe that I am an entrepreneur now. I also took the time to go through the posts where I interviewed my first strangers in the "customer interviews no 1." I remember how weird it felt to me to actually go up to strangers and interview them about a class. This is something I've never done before and definitely put me out of my comfort zone. Each assignment was a little different that I now see why it helps me define myself as an entrepreneur after. The only time I had moments of drudgery was when I was rushing to get an assignment done before the due date.

2) What sticks out to you as the most formative experience? The experience that you'll remember years later? What was your most joyous experience? What experience are you most proud of yourself for accomplishing?

Answer: Honestly, I personally got the most out of the elevator pitch. Since we did it 4 times I got to get a lot of feedback from my fellow classmates from each one of the times that I did it. I've never done an elevator pitch before so getting feedback really helped me improve on my pitch and made it to what it is now! I think my most joyous experience was actually creating the idea for my venture concept. I love coming up with cool little inventions and this was an amazing opportunity to take it a step further. I think I am most proud of my most popular post which was "Interviewing customers no. 2!
3) At the beginning of the semester, I mentioned that I wanted each of you to develop an entrepreneurial mindset. And we repeated the mantra -- I am an entrepreneur. Now, at the end, do you see yourself as an entrepreneur? Do you think you have moved closer to developing an entrepreneurial mindset?

Answer: Yes, like I said above I definitely believe in the entrepreneur's mantra. At the beginning I was really skeptical about all of this but the more I look back on it, the more I realize how much it actually helped me get to where I am now. Definitely increased my entrepreneurial mindset which will in the end always help out with any business ideas I end up doing.

4) What is the one recommendation you would make to the students who are going to journey down this path in the future? What would you recommend they do to perform best in this course? What would you recommend they do to foster that mindset?

I think that everyone is passionate about something, and if you follow that passion with all your heart it will eventually lead to the greatest success. I recommend that you don't procrastinate and get all your work done in time. Maybe write down a schedule of when things need to get done so that you don't forget and lose pointless grades on assignments you could've done!


1 comment:

  1. Hey,
    I feel you about rushing to get an assignment done before the deadline, that was me on every Sunday when we had to do the weekly reading. I couldn’t agree more with the advice you gave at the end, I feel like following your passion is the best way to be successful not only in this class but also in life.
    Check out my post at http://janswitkowski.blogspot.com/2016/04/final-reflection.htmla

    ReplyDelete