Sunday, March 13, 2016

Week 9 Reading Reflection

1) What was the biggest surprise for you in the reading? In other words, what did you read that stood out the most as different from your expectations? 
Answer: I didn't really have that many expectations for this reading, but I was surprised by some of the material that was in this chapter. The whole "Financial preparation for entrepreneurial ventures" caught me off guard because this book have been very theoretical yet this chapter was very mathematical. There were many mathematical formulas that I remember using in Financial accounting as well.

2) Identify at least one part of the reading that was confusing to you.
Answer: Honestly one part of the reading that was confusing to me was the "Understanding the Balance Sheet" portion. When I took financial accounting I just couldn't wrap my head around this idea because I never did actual banking before and there are lots of new terms and things to know that I've never heard about before. I think that all these new terms kind of overwhelmed me and made it sound confusing to me.

3) If you were able to ask two questions to the author, what would you ask? Why?
Answer: I would ask him, "What is your net worth?" and "Have you ever had to use a break-even analysis?" I would ask him this because this guy seems like a very prestigious guy and I'm curious how much money he has made over the years from being an entrepreneur. Also from the book it seemed like the break even analysis is a necessity to look at if you are selling goods to make sure that you are at least breaking even so I would just wonder if the author ever sold anything to make money or if he used this tactic to measure out how much money he would make.

4) Was there anything you think the author was wrong about? Where do you disagree with what she or he said? How?
Answer: This chapter was very definition specific so there wasn't much I could "disagree with." So no there wasn't anything that I thought the author was wrong about in this chapter.

No comments:

Post a Comment